Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Style Inspiration - the new It girls

It would seem that fashion bloggers are the new It girls - girls with killer style, the smarts to run incredibly popular blogs and the nous to look on trend without being a fashion victim.

PublikMode
aims to catalogue the best of the online fashion world, and we're starting with the cream of the crop, Jessica from What I Wore. Jessica is incredibly talented and a hot dresser; her eye for vintage and thrifted finds is superb.

Thanks Jessica, and welcome to PublikMode!

PM: Where is home for you?

J: I live in Brooklyn, NY and work in Manhattan.


Do you work? Study? What takes up your time?

I’m the design director for a small clothing company.


Source: Jessica, What I Wore


Where can we find you online?

whatiwore.tumblr.com


How long have you been blogging?

I’ve been blogging for about 3 years and on the topic of fashion for a year.


Where do you take your style inspiration from? Who are your style icons?

Do you have a fashion muse?

I get a lot of inspiration from other girls that capture their daily outfits similar to what I do… the web is a great source of fashion inspiration. And the streets of Brooklyn and New York City!!


Describe your style in three words:

Retro, chic, colorful.


Source: Jessica, What I Wore


Name your top three designers:

I’m not really into modern designers.


Whose closet would you most like to raid?

Katie Holmes


Katie Holmes Sources: pursepage.com, teamsugar.com & freshnews.in


Where do you like to shop?

Second hand stores, e-Bay and etsy. Also Target!!


Fave city in the world?

New York City. London is a close second.


Brooklyn, NY. Source: Daniel A. Norman Flickr


What colour would best describe your personality?

Bright purple.


Do you follow an exercise or diet regime?

I lean vegan, which means around 95% of my diet

avoids all animal products and bi-products.

I walk a few miles a day around the city and run once or twice a week.


Source: Jessica, What I Wore


What are you listening to/reading/watching now?

Listening to Bon Iver, Stars, Fleet Foxes, The Dears… I don’t have a TV. I’m re-reading On the Road by Jack Kerouac.

Book design by Angus Hyland


Do you read fashion magazines? If yes, which ones?

I like Lucky, Teen Vogue and Lula in hard copy and N.E.E.T. online.

(Ed's note: Jessica was recently featured in the Lucky mag as part of a LuckyStyleSpotter.com competition - pics here.)


What are the essentials for your handbag?

Pen, paper, metrocard, lip gloss, water


Who are your personal fave bloggers?

Naomi of Rockstar Diaries, Sally Jane Vintage, Liebemarlene, Jane (Sea of Shoes) all for style.


What are the non-fashion websites you frequent?

I use tumblr as a blog platform and follow over 200 people there. The users that stand out are blissfulself.tumblr.com, yogininthehood.tumblr.com, dearworld.tumblr.com and http://saladdays.org/


Who would you like to see featured next in PublikMode?

Camille of Childhood Flames! Or Beth of The Vintage Society or The Clothes Horse.


Thanks Jessica!

PM What I Wore!

No comments:

Post a Comment